Lookup field advanced find data load issue | Oracle Series
Upon opening the advanced find view from within the lookup dropdown menu of a multi-table column, you might face the following issues:
- Data loading is very slow
- Switching to other table views shows the same data as the initial table
For example, for a ‘customer’ lookup, the accounts view will be displayed first, its data will be loaded, and then when switching to the contacts view, the same data of the accounts will still be displayed.
I rebuilt the form multiple times from scratch, and then a pattern emerged. When I drag an ’embedded form’ control onto the form and relate it to the faulty lookup, this behaviour occurs.
As a practical workaround, consider the following steps until a permanent fix is provided by Microsoft:
- Instead of dragging an embedded form control onto the form
- Drag the concerned lookup onto the form first
- Convert it to a ‘form’ control
- Relate it to other forms as you would have previously